Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Blogging in the Political Science Classroom

I got the latest issue of PS: Political Science and Politics, and found an article by Michelle Dion (who hasn't been blogging for a while, cough, cough) and Chris Lawrence (of Signifying Nothing) on blogging in the classroom.  The abstract:

Weblogs (or blogs), as a form of communication on the Internet, have recently risen in prominence but may be poorly understood by both faculty and students. This article explains how blogs differ from other online communication tools and how political science faculty can make use of blogs in their classes. The focus is on using blogs as part of class assignments to reinforce important skills, including critical thinking, political engagement, and essay writing. We also discuss existing academic and professional blogs that may be models for student blogging in political science.

I am flattered that they included this blog in there, and thus far have demanded nothing in return.

Strangely enough, I have not tried to use blogs in the classroom, but they set out some interesting ways of doing so.  I may have to give it a shot at some point.

1 comments:

Michelle 4:54 PM  

I know, I know. I have a new website up. And, plan to restart my blog there. But, I've been putting off that long final post (on profesora) and new post (on the new site) for a while. Probably when the semester is over. Yay for the first summer in 4 years (and only the second since grad school) that doesn't involve either summer teaching or an international move!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP